When it blows, it really blows!
- It is very windy out there today!
- Gusts may be above 50mph
- This is extremely dangerous for the fires and firefighters
- Stage1 Fire Restrictions are going into effect on Thursday, May 5
- Read more…
It’s windy out there - make sure everything is secure outside!
According to fire managers working the Crooks Fire, today’s Red Flag weather will include strong southwest winds and low humidity, leading to a round of critical fire weather. ARed Flag Warningis in effect from 11:00am to 7:00pm MST. Expect southwest winds sustained around 20mph with gusts above 40mph near ridgetops and southwest aspects. Afternoon humidity could drop near 10%.
Please be alert and safe.
... RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 PM MST THIS EVENING FOR ALL OF NORTHERN ARIZONA...
* AFFECTED AREA... All of northern Arizona.
* WINDS... Southwest 20 to 30 mph, with gusts from 45 to 55 mph.
Windiest along and north of the Mogollon Rim.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...6 to 15 percent.
* IMPACTS... The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity before first responders can contain them.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring or are imminent. A combination of strong winds and low relative humidities can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please notify field crews of this red flag warning.
... WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 PM MST THIS EVENING...
* WHAT... Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph, with gusts from 45 to 55 mph. Locally higher gusts are possible just north of higher terrain features.
* WHERE... All of Northern Arizona, windiest conditions along and north of the Mogollon Rim.
* WHEN... From 11 AM to 7 PM MST /Noon to 8 PM MDT/ Sunday.
* IMPACTS... Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS... Areas of blowing dust and sand possible north of the Mogollon Rim.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions from Prescott & CAFMA Fire Marshals
Stage I Fire Restrictions will go into effect Thursday, May 5th:
- NO residential burn permits will be issued.
- Use of model rockets is PROHIBITED.
- Use of fireworks and other pyrotechnic displays are PROHIBITED except by commercial special events permit.
- NO smoking outside of vehicles, outside of residential yards, or outside of designated smoking areas.
- NO outdoor use of firearms.
- Cooking, warming, or camp fires (ash or ember producing) ARE still ALLOWED at single and multi-family residential properties and Town parks (where approved) but MUST BE attended at all times.