Offices Closed for the Federal Holiday
- The Forest Service will waive fees at many day-use recreation sites on Veterans Day
- Fees will be waived at Lynx Lake, Granite Basin Recreation area, Mingus Lake
- Fees will also be waived at Thumb Bute, Alto Pit Recreation areas, plus Groom Creek Nature Trail
- PNF offices will also be closed Thursday
- Read more...
'No Fee Day' on Veterans Day at some Prescott National Forest locations
PRESCOTT, AZ – November 5, 2021 - The USDA Forest Service will waive fees at many day-use recreation sites on Veterans Day, Thursday, November 11, in honor of Americans who have served in the armed services.
As part of this nationwide event day use fees will be waived at the following sites on the Prescott National Forest:
- Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore, and Lynx Creek Ruin
- Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa, and Metate
- Thumb Butte Recreation Area
- Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
- Groom Creek Nature Trail
- Mingus Day Use Area
- Mingus Lake Day Use Area
- Hayfield Draw OHV Day Use
All Prescott National Forest offices will be closed Thursday, November 11 in observance of the federal holiday. Regular virtual business hours will resume on Friday, November 12.
Stay up to date on Prescott National Forest news by checking the Prescott NF website and following us on Facebook and Twitter.