Pizza Restaurants Come Together to Raise Awareness about Underage Drinking
- Pizza Box Topper Art resurrected to raise awareness about substance abuse issues
- The contest was open to local youth in Yavapai County
- Restaurants from Camp Verde, Cottonwood, Dewey-Humboldt, Chino Valley, Prescott and Prescott Valley are partricipating
- Contest winners are Jaydon Robinson from Chino Valley and William Schultz from Camp Verde
Youth enter contest to communicate the dangers of underage drinking
Yavapai County, AZ – In a continued effort to raise awareness about the harms of underage drinking MATFORCE, an anti-drug organization that raises awareness about substance abuse issues in Yavapai County, has resurrected our Pizza Box Topper Art contest. In honor of reestablishing this popular public awareness campaign, MATFORCE has selected a contest winner from this year’s Youth Poster Contest and a contest winner from past Pizza Box Topper Art contests.
The Pizza Box Topper Art contest is a category under the annual Youth Poster contest that allows the opportunity for youth to create strong messaging against underage drinking. Winning artwork in this category is printed and distributed on the top of pizza boxes at participating local pizza restaurants.
The 2020 Pizza Box Topper Art contest winner is 14-year-old Jaydon Robinson, from Chino Valley. Selected again to use with this year’s campaign, the 2016 Pizza Box Topper Art contest winner was William Schultz from Camp Verde High School in Camp Verde.
Merilee Fowler, Executive Director of MATFORCE, expressed her excitement for the level of participation from our local restaurants. “We are very pleased and grateful that so many pizza restaurants are helping raise awareness about underage drinking. It is a testament to just how important this issue is to our community.”
The following pizza restaurants have agreed to participate in handing out the flyers with the underage drinking message.
- Camp Verde: Crusty’s Pizza, Domino's Pizza
- Cottonwood: Vinnie’s New York Chef’s Pizzeria, ACME Pizzaria, Strombolli’s Restaurant & Pizzeria
- Dewey and Chino Valley: Guido’s Pizza, Pizza Hut
- Prescott: Peter Piper Pizza, Pizza Hut, Papa John’s Pizza, Domino’s Pizza, Two Mamas’ Gourmet Pizzeria, Streets of New York
- Prescott Valley: Streets of New York, Papa John’s Pizza, Pizza Hut, The Pizza Place, Domino’s Pizza, Papa Murphy’s, Guido’s Pizza
For more information about the harms of underage drinking or tips on how to start the conversation with your kids visit matforce.org/Parents-Educators.
Photo file: PizzaBoxTopper_Summer2020.jpg
Photo caption: The 2020 Pizza Box Topper Art contest winner is 14-year-old Jaydon Robinson, from Chino Valley.
Photo file: jaydon robinson PIZZABOX.jpg
Photo caption: 2020 Youth Poster Contest – Pizza Box Topper art contest winner Jaydon Robinson of Chino Valley displays his artwork and prize presented by Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Scott Reed.
Photo file: william schultz-9-12 grade-camp verde hs.jpg
Photo caption: The 2016 Pizza Box Topper Art contest winner was William Schultz from Camp Verde High School in Camp Verde.
MATFORCE is a community organization that educates and raises awareness about substance abuse issues, and advocates for policy change throughout Yavapai County. With over 200 active volunteers, MATFORCE encompasses the belief that stopping drug use before it starts through primary prevention strategies is an essential part of building healthier communities. Programs of MATFORCE include drug prevention education in the schools, the Yavapai Reentry Project, Trauma Lens Care, public awareness and education campaigns, and advocating for policy change at the state and local level. For more information about MATFORCE visit matforce.org or our family of websites: MarijuanaHarnlessThinkAgain.org | OpioidOD.com | YavapaiReentryProject.org | TraumaLensCare.org | SACLAz.org