Here at United Way, we have so many reasons to be thankful
- United Way takes time to say thank you for the ways the community has Shown Up United this year
- Local Chambers of Commerce collaborated and gave generously
- United Way provides basic needs for families, including safe homes and warm meals
- Next week is #GivingTuesday
- Read more...
Thankful for our partners in the community
On this day before the big Thanksgiving celebration, we wanted to thank you for all the ways you've Shown Up United this year. We've been so fortunate to have your support and partnership as we've worked to improve lives throughout Yavapai County.
Some of our gratitude we expressed at our recent Gala. In addition to recognizing our nonprofit partners, we also gave out awards to our local Chambers of Commerce for the good they do in our community:
• The Cottonwood Chamber received the Commitment Award for its dedication to Verde Valley businesses and community.
• The Prescott Valley Chamber was given the Generosity Award for their inspiring philanthropy.
• The Chino Valley Chamber was presented the Passion Award for their devotion to businesses and citizens of the community.
• The Prescott Chamber was recognized with the Collaboration Award for its strategic partnerships that bring valuable resources to local businesses and the community.
• The Sedona Chamber was given the Respecting Our Environment Award in recognition of their outdoor initiatives that increase the quality of life for visitors, businesses and residents alike.
Often we think of Chambers as allies for just the business community, But their work benefits our community as a whole and helps build connections between public, private and nonprofit entities throughout Yavapai County.
Save the Date for #GivingTuesday
On Tuesday, you can join millions of people around the world who will be United in action. #GivingTuesday will see hundreds if not thousands of people in our community working to make a difference. When you choose to give to United Way of Yavapai County, you will be helping people in our community improve their life.
Every gift to United Way, big or small, makes a huge difference. When you Show Up United, you make it possible for us to work together to:
• Provide basic needs for families, including safe homes and warm meals.
• Increase access to early childhood education.
• Give more adults career training and support (including our college scholarship fund for veterans).
• Build partnerships that improve equity.
• Increase access to health care.
Our neighbors need your support and our community needs a more equitable foundation, where every resident has the opportunity to live a safe, secure life. Your gift will help make this happen.
We hope you will join us on #GivingTuesday. (Or you can give early by clicking the link here.)