Public Invited to Meet and Greet March 30
- Michael Lamar announsed his resignation in December. His last day was February 14th
- Tyler Goodman has been acting as Interim City Manager since that time
- Columbia Ltd was retained by the Prescott City Council to conduct a nationwide search
- The public is invited to a Meet & Greet with the candidates on Thursday, March 30
- Read more...
Four final candidates chosen to meet the community and council
PRESCOTT, AZ (March 22, 2023)-- The City of Prescott has named four finalists for the City Manager position, which has been vacant since February 14th. Finalists will be interviewed on Thursday, March 30 by staff members, and the community will be invited to meet with them that afternoon as well.
- Tyler Goodman is local, residing in Prescott Valley, Arizona. He has a Master’s degree in Public Administration with a concentration on City Management. Tyler is currently serving as the Interim City Manager for the City of Prescott, prior to that he was the Deputy City Manager for a year and the Assistant to the City Manager for 2 years. Linked In Profile: Tyler Goodman#
- Kathryn Gregory is from Peoria, Arizona. She has a Master’s degree in Public Administration. Kathryn has been with the City of Peoria for 12 years, most recently serving as the Management and Budget Director for the past 2 years. Linked In Profile: Katie Gregory#
- Sean Pederson currently resides in Bonner Springs, Kansas. He has a Master’s degree in Public Administration with an emphasis on Local Government. Sean has been serving as the City Manager of Bonner Springs since 2015, prior to that he served as the City Manager for Canton, South Dakota for 2 years. Linked In Profile: Sean P* | Bonner Springs City Manager Page: Sean Pederson#
- J. Mark Rooney currently lives in Highwood, Illinois. Mark has the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in Leadership Management and has completed all coursework for a Master’s of Public Administration. Mark serves as the Village Administrator for Round Lake Beach, Illinois, a role he has been in since 2021. Prior to that he served as the Town Manager of Westerly, Rhode Island for 3 years and the Village Manager for Carpentersville for 8 years. Linked In Profile: Mark Rooney #
Members of the public are invited to attend a meet and greet with City Manager finalists on Thursday, March 30th from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Hassayampa Marina Room 122 E. Gurley Street Prescott, AZ 86301. At the meeting, each candidate will provide a brief bio and will answer questions one-on-one. This is an “open house” format with no formal program, so citizens can come anytime during the two hour period.
IF YOU GO:
Meet & Greet with City Manager Finalists
Hassayampa Marina Room, (it's the stand-alone building actually on Marina Street) 122 E. Gurley Street, Prescott
March 30, 2023
City Manager Michael Lamar announced in December that he was resigning for a position in the private sector. His last day was February 14th. Tyler Goodman was named Interim City Manager and continues to serve in that role. Following Mr. Lamar’s resignation, Council retained Mr. Drew Gorgey, CEO and Founder of Columbia Ltd to conduct the nationwide candidate search.
#Additional links provided by CopperState News staff.
*The Linked In Account for Sean Pederson is pretty sparse, so another link was provided. Of course, citizens are always encouraged to do their own research on all of the candidates.