Human Trafficking Awareness Day events will take place on Thursday in both Prescott & Prescott Valley
- Sex trafficking is a $150 Billion industry worldwide
- The Blue Campaign was created to develop awareness of this problem
- Human Traffickers often target people who are poor, vulnerable, living in an unsafe situation or looking for better life
- Sex trafficking is preventable
- There will be events in both Prescott and Prescott Valley to help increase awareness of this problem.
It's a real problem
Did you know that Arizona, Nevada, Texas and California are in the top 15 for human trafficking cases reported to the humantraffickinghotline.org
1. California (1507)
2. Texas (1080)
13. Nevada (239)
14. Arizona (234)
The most frequent type of human trafficking is sex trafficking. Sex trafficker victims are found in massage/spa parlors, pornography, commercial sex, motel based sex and through online ads. But, labor trafficking also exists. Victims in labor trafficking are expected to do domestic work, agriculture, sales crews, restaurants. Females outnumber males by about 7:1.
Local events on Thursday
Find out more at ArmedToKnow