Classes will resume on August 17, but in a limited manner.
- Yavapai College will reopen on a Phased-in basis
- Starting August 3, the College is in the Code Orange Phase
- Most classes will be remote
- Labs & activities will be face-to-face, with a group size limit of 10
For the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and the college community, Yavapai College has implemented a five-phase plan for the fall semester, which begins August 17. Dr. Lisa B. Rhine, Yavapai College President, provides a video update.
Beginning on August 3, Yavapai College will be operating under Phase 1, Status: Code Orange.
Under Code Orange:
Essential Employees: Report to YC
Non-essential Employees: 80-100% telecommute
General Education: Remote
Labs/activities: Face-to-face with group size limit of 10
Protocols for students, employees and visitors:
Must wear face covers in YC buildings, or vehicles with passengers
Must practice 6 ft social distancing
Max group size limit is 10
Non-essential travel: Minimal, no traveling to “hot spots,” no international travel
- Stay home if you are sick, exposed to or tested for COVID-19
- Employees and students must notify supervisor/instructor if they test positive for COVID-19
- Disinfect personal work spaces! Practice good hygiene: hand washing, cough/sneeze etiquette
- Do a daily self-check for wellness
- Temperature checks may be done in certain cases.