The Flash Flood Watch is in effect from Thursday morning through Saturday evening.
- A Flash Flood Watch simply means that one should be prepared
- The National Weather Service expects periods of widespread showers and thunderstorms
- This Flash Flood Watch is in place for 3 days from Thursday morning to Saturday evening.
- Turn around, don’t drown!
- Read more...
Be prepared for flash floods this weekend.
According to the National Weather Service:
FLASH FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...
The FLASH FLOOD WATCH is now in effect for
* Central and portions of northern Arizona, including areas from the Grand Canyon to Window Rock southward.
* From THURSDAY MORNING through SATURDAY EVENING.
* A westward propagating wave will combine with ample monsoon moisture to produce periods of widespread showers and thunderstorms from Thursday through Saturday. Areas of heavy rainfall will likely lead to flash flooding in washes, streams, and poor drainage areas. Burn scars from recent wildfires will be especially prone to flash flooding.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.