MFAB Announces Ballet Gala in Prescott on September 11, 2021
- There will be a classical ballet performance at The Ruth Street Theater on September 11
- It will include international stars of classical ballet
- Local dancers from the MOVEMENT STUDIO will join them
- Doors open at 5, program starts at 6 PM
- Read more...
Classical ballet will be at The Ruth Street Theater on September 11.
On September 11, 2021 international stars of classical ballet will perform at the Ruth Street Theater at 1050 Ruth St, Prescott, AZ 86301, on the Prescott High School campus. The program starts at 6pm, with doors open at 5pm. Tickets are available for $30 and can be purchased at: eventbrite.com or through the Academy website at MFAB.org.
The program will feature ballet stars dancing classical ballet favorites, selected by Rainer to represent the artistry and excitement of classical ballet. Featured Performers are:
- Rainer Krenstetter – Principal Dancer Miami City Ballet, Associate Artistic Director of MFAB
- Tricia Albertson – Principal Dancer Miami City Ballet
- Hannah Fischer –Principal Soloist Miami City Ballet
- Jordan Elizabeth-Long – Soloist Miami City Ballet
- Ashley Knox – Soloist Miami City Ballet
- Renan Cerdeiro – Principal Dancer Miami City Ballet
- Machi Muto – Principal Soloist Georgian State Ballet, MFAB Lower School Director
- Frank van Tongeren – Principal Dancer Georgian State Ballet, MFAB Upper School Director
Joining these international stars will be local dancers from The MOVEMENT Studio in Prescott Valley. These students were among those who attended a special Workshop Series presented by Rainer here in the Prescott area in July.
“ This evening will highlight some of the most beautiful sections of the different classical ballets as well as feature young talents from Prescott. I'm very happy and proud to be dancing in Arizona and hope that the community will welcome me and my friends with open arms. We are all excited to be performing for you. Hope to see everyone at the gala to bring some joy in such difficult times,” said Rainer Krenstetter, Principal Dancer with the Miami City Ballet, International Guest Artist, Associate Artistic Director of Margot Fonteyn Academy of Ballet)
Rainer and Friends Ballet Gala will also be streamed live for those around the world who cannot come to Prescott. The link for this event is https://fb.me/e/1GmpM6idi.
The Gala is a fundraising event for Margot Fonteyn Academy of Ballet, with all proceeds going to this Arizona Non-Profit 501(c)3. MFAB Artistic Director, Ken Ludden, said “Prescott is an amazing place, and filled with talented people. It is a pleasure to move our World Headquarters to Prescott. And I, like Rainer, have had the opportunity to meet, and teach, some of the very talented young dancers who live here. All eyes are now on Prescott, and many have already booked their tickets to visit and move here.”
Photo credit: Admill Kuyler
Adagietto by Renato Zanella (will be performed at Gala)
Dancers: Rainer Krenstetter and Tricia Albertson