How to find information about your Social Security account
- Here are 3 ways to find important information online about Social Security
- Check out the Social Security Blog
- Create your own account on the ssa.gov site if you have not already
- Get your Social Security question answered
- Read more...
The Social Security online website is a valuable resource for you.
There are many online sources for Social Security information, but you need to make sure you’re getting the right information. By using www.ssa.gov, you know that what you’re reading and watching is approved by our experts and specifically created for you. Here are three of our resources where you can find valuable information about your Social Security benefits.
Our blog – Stay informed about our latest news, retirement planning tips, and other helpful information. Our blog at blog.ssa.gov features messages direct from our Commissioner, as well as information from expert contributors. From there, you can also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube, where you can watch our popular videos.
my Social Security – You’re in control with many services available online through my Social Security. Creating a secure account will help you conduct Social Security business from home. With your personal my Social Security account, you can:
- Estimate your future benefits with our Retirement Calculator to compare different dates or ages to begin receiving benefits.
- Check the status of your Social Security application.
- Review your work history.
If you already receive benefits, you can also:
- Get a benefit verification or proof of income letter.
- Set up or change your direct deposit.
- Change your address.
- Request a replacement Medicare card.
- Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099).
You may also be able to quickly request a replacement card online with a my Social Security account, if you meet certain qualifications listed at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
Frequently Asked Questions – Do you have to pay taxes on Social Security benefits? How do you apply for Social Security retirement benefits? What is your full retirement age? Discover the answers to your Social Security related questions at our Frequently Asked Questions page at www.ssa.gov/faq.
With so many services available online, we are here for you when your schedule allows. Be sure to tell friends and family about all the business they can do with us from the comfort of their home at www.ssa.gov.