- Each year, the National Forest Service offers ‘fee-free’ days
- This Saturday is one of those fee-free days, in order to celebrate National Public Lands Day
- You can swim, hike, boat and much more - at no charge for admission!
- Don’t forget, Prescott National Forest is still in Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- Read more...
Celebrate National Public Lands Day and get out in the open!
PRESCOTT, AZ, September 24, 2020 – In celebration of National Public Lands Day (NPLD) and to encourage a shared sense of land stewardship, the Forest Service announces another “fee free day” on Saturday, September 26.
As part of this nationwide event fees will be waived at the following sites on the Prescott National Forest on Saturday, September 26:
- Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore and Lynx Creek Ruin
- Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa and Metate
- Thumb Butte Recreation Area
- Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
- Mingus Day Use
- Mingus Lake Day Use
REMINDER – Prescott National Forest is still in Stage I Fire Restrictions and prohibit the following on all Prescott National Forest lands:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove, except in developed recreation sites with metal fire rings or cooking grills. Forest visitors are urged to reference the Prescott National Forest website for a list of developed recreation sites allowing campfires under Stage I Fire Restrictions (https://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott).
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, or in a developed recreation site in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun; except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal laws and regulations.
The Forest Service participates in fee-free days with other federal agencies to commemorate holidays and encourage Americans to visit their public lands. The final fee-free day for 2020 will be Nov. 11, Veterans Day.