- You can administer...
- your test yourself and mail it in
- You may not have to pay for it up front
- The kit will arrive via FedEx
- These tests are only designed to tell you if you have an active infection of COVID-19
- Read more...
Test yourself for COVID-19 at home
The FDA has authorized COVID-19 collection kits that can be administered at home and mailed back to labCorp.
According to the Pixel website, "Our FDA authorized COVID-19 collection kits provide everything you need to collect a nasal swab sample and send it back to our lab.”
Access to the kits is reserved for individuals experiencing symptoms or those who have been asked to get tested by a healthcare provider, public health department, or contact investigator.
You must be 18 or older to take this test. On average, LabCorp says it takes 1-2 days from when your sample is received at the lab to get the results.
The kits tell you if you have an active COVID-19 infection, but the results do not detect antibodies or immunity.
There is no upfront cost if you meet the clinical guidelines. They offer to bill your insurance, utilize federal funds to cover the cost of the test if you do not have insurance or allow you to pay with a credit card.
Here’s how it works:
1. Complete an eligibility survey.
2. Choose a billing option.
3. Receive your kit via FedEx
4. Collect your sample from the comfort of your home
5. Return the sample to their lab
6. Access results online
Pixel also offers other at home tests for patients’ convenience:
- Colorectal Cancer at-home test
- Diabetes Risk at-home test
- Lipid panel at-home cholesterol test
- Diabetes & Lipid Panel
- COVID-19 test
Find more information on their website: https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/at-home-test-kits/covid-19-test-home-collection-kit