Prescott NF Waives Fees in Honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- All Prescott National Forest offices will be closed on Monday, January 17
- MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service
- Americans are encouraged to visit their public lands with fee-free days
- On MLK Day, Local Prescott National Forest is waiving fees on sites that normally charge a day-use fee
- Read more...
Prescott NF Offices closed for Federal Holiday
Prescott, AZ – January 11, 2022 - All Prescott National Forest (PNF) offices will be closed on Monday, January 17, for the federal holiday in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Virtual business hours will resume on Tuesday, January 18.
Observed on the third Monday of January each year, Martin Luther King, Jr. (MLK) Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service. The national day of service celebrates the civil rights leader’s life and legacy by encouraging all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities. Visit MLK Day of Service for more information, including volunteer opportunities in your area.
The Forest Service participates in fee-free days with other federal agencies to encourage Americans to visit their public lands. Fees will be waived at Prescott NF sites that normally charge a day-use fee on Monday, January 17. As part of this nationwide event fees will be waived at the following sites:
- Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore and Lynx Creek Ruin
- Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa, and Metate
- Thumb Butte Recreation Area
- Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
- Hayfield Draw OHV Recreation Area
- Groom Creek Nature Trail
The remaining fee waiver dates for 2022 are President's Day on February 21, National Get Outdoors Day on June 11, National Public Lands Day on September 24, and Veterans Day on November 11.
Stay up to date on Prescott National Forest news by checking the Prescott NF website and following us on Facebook and Twitter.